Friday, October 3, 2008

We are Alive and Well!

Well, it has been quite a while since my last post. We have been doing nothing and it has been absolutely wonderful! We had a lovely time in Nauvoo and Adam-ondi-Ahman was beautiful! Now we are enjoying family and leisure-time in beautiful Utah. Here are just a few pictures to show how our trip went.





Nauvoo was so authentic and old fashioned. The people there were great! You could really feel the peaceful spirit of the Saints who once had a short stay there.



All along the Mississippi River there are thousands of Lily pads. We had stopped for Melanie to take a picture of a huge barge going down the river. I jokingly turned to Tyler and told him he should go pick me a lily out of the Mississippi. Next thing I know he is outside shin deep in good ol' Mississippi mud! He was hollering by the time he got back to the car. The lily got destroyed in the act but I still think it was the sweetest!




Adam-Ondi-Ahman was the most peaceful, reverent place I have ever been to. It was beautiful and serene. I would tell anybody to do whatever it takes to go to the garden of Eden, truly.


It was so nice to be get back home and see all the kids once again.


After this busy summer we have had, we find the urges to just laze around and read. I must say I am really enjoying it!



Go Cougars~!

2 comments:

easleyfamily said...

we are SO glad you guys are back! We missed you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! Plus, look at that adorable little BYU Fan...you can never take her away from us again!!! EVER!

Kit said...

I am so jealous of your guys trip. I am so glad to have you back. I am so sorry. I didn't get your message in time to watch Livi. Call Shawn's phone when I don't answer.
P.S. Go Utes!!