Sunday, September 27, 2009

09/22...Expedition Timpanogos...


That's what we set out to conquer, Mount Timpanogos.


We got a little off course and found this tree, which
surprisingly, was wishing me a happy birthday!








It was absolutely gorgeous with the colorful leaves.
First day of Autumn.






We met a young family from Prague. It was really neat to
hike with them. They were up there to celebrate their son's
birthday, which was the same day as mine! His name was
Jacob, and he was the sweetest boy ever.














These mountain goats were all over, and so close to the
trail. I loved it!


This lake is called Emerald lake, as you can probably see why.
It is a run off from a glacier. We were very excited to stop here
and rest our weary feet and dip them in the cool water.





Tyler has had a very bad ingrown toe nail, but he was still
sweet enough to do this for me without complaint. I love him
so much and am so grateful he is my husband.

I was very tired by this point.



You cannot see it, but there is a trail right along these
cliffs we had to walk. Twas a little frightening to say the
least.


That is the top of Timp.


This is not a very becoming picture of me, but I think you
will forgive the hair and exhausted faces for the breath taking
view behind us.

And here lies the city of Orem, with the beautiful lake of Utah.

I have never endured such a hard day as was this one. The
hike is normally 13.8 miles, but we got lost and ended up going
5 miles off track. So, we actually did more like 20 miles in 8 hours.
The hike was so beautiful and was very rewarding to overcome all obstacles
and conquer this epic mountain!

2 comments:

easleyfamily said...

How beautiful! I am so glad I got to spend the day with miss livvy...you guys feel free to do that any time :) I'm so impressed you guys made it! Way to go!

Kit said...

WOW! I have to do this now! It looks so tiring. Beautiful pics ciara and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!